Thursday 4 October 2012

Song Night - September 2012 ("Hurt - Music heals")

I was busy with assignments last week Wednesday, 26th of September 2012 when I just decided to get up and get a breather. Then I remembered that it's the last Wednesday of the month, so song night would be an option.

So, when I got to song night, I was quite shocked by the turn out of the people, I was shocked and dissappointed at the same time, because this is actually a fantastic platform for singers to showcase what their made off. This is a platform for musicians or people that loves singing for the fun of it or even for exposure. I think and believe that this is really a fantastic and a wonderful opportunity that no one should miss. If you just want to have a laid back Wednesday evening, then you can just come and join the crew. It really is fantastic.

The theme of the song night event was: "Hurt - Music heals". At first I was like, what? How do you want make this work, but the beautiful and talented Lize Ehlers explained it and the flamboyant Mercedez Von Cloete added to her elaboration. So, their explanation was as follow: first they asked who got hurt in life? Well, you guesed right, everyone in their lives got hurt somehow or the other, but what they were focusing or planning to focus on for the month of September was music that healed or heals the wounds. Making one feel better. And thinking about it even now, I can think of a 1000 love songs and stuff that made me get up again and move on. I for once was hurt to the core, but as the saying also goes: "You allow people in your life to treat you a certain way and to hurt or love you in a specific way and yes, I've blamed myself, but boy-oh-boy, am I over it, OFCOURSE, and yes, music helped me in a lot of ways.

As I've mentioned before, I've attended song night after a very long time and things changed indeed. Firstly, Mercedez and Lize are hosting the 'show' together. I must say that this was the best move for song night. They compliment each other fantastically. They made it work together!!!


I must apologize now sommer, because you will ask why there are so little pictuers, but with my hectic life, I totally forgot to charge my camera's battery and yeah, she died on me in the middle of the show, so sad. But I will certainly update you guys with some more pictures later, just waiting on Ms. Ehlers.

Heather was first up and opened the show with a tranquilizing voice! She was fantastic. People raved for her and had so much fun. A little petite girl or rather woman with a powerful gigantic voice. She also gave information about her album that will be out in November, I doubt that one can pre-order, didn't ask, but I would love to have that CD, my bday is up in December, Hint, lol. She performed one of her new songs called: 'The storm in you' and damn, the way she performed it, out of this world. Heather is from our beautiful coastel town, Swakopmund and ofcourse got a standing ovation!!!


Next up was Anathi!!! Well, Anathi is one of Namibia's best hockey players. We play against each other normally, 'cause we play for different clubs. But, singing? I would've never guesed. Surely a boy of many talents. Amazing voice and that body, lol! <<<He will definately confront me about this, lol>>> He collaborated with Heather and they performed the song 'fuck what you said' not sure about the title or artist, but I surely can remember the time I went through that crapy emotional kakas, and yeah, as Mercedez said, music does heal, even though it takes time. But we all should have some time!!!



Rochelle took the stage after them. She is an old face and voice at song night, but this woman can sing and her sense of writing is beyond good. It's amazing!!! The talent in Namibia. She totally blew me away and I was not the only one.


I did say that I could't capture a lot of those good music and memories. But before the event, I took a few pictures and and just want to show some outfits! People attending song night are awesome, always trying something new and doing things different.






An amazing breather and wonderful evening indeed!!! I needed that break and it did me good.

Till next chikas.

Mwah!!!
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment